Orange City Library Wireless Connection Policy
As a customer of the Central West Libraries Orange City Library free wireless service you must abide by the Central West Libraries Public Internet Use policy.
In addition the following terms and conditions are specific to wireless access:
- Wireless access will be available to customers during library hours. Time restrictions may occur depending on use. A hotspot ticket is valid for two hours, after which the session will end. Further two hour sessions require a new hotspot ticket. Unused portions of a session may be used within the expiry period printed on the ticket.
- Orange City Council and Central West Libraries cannot be responsible for any changes that you make to your computer’s settings to access the Orange City Library’s wireless network and recommends that you make a note of any settings before you change them.
- Central West Libraries and Orange City Council does not accept responsibility for any damage, direct or indirect, arising from clients’ use of the wireless service. This includes virus transmission, pop-ups or spyware, as well as loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, service interruptions, technical difficulties or transmission of viruses.
- Orange City Council and Central West Libraries take no responsibility for loss of confidential information transmitted through our wireless network.
- The Library does not provide technical assistance to configure your equipment for wireless access.
- Anti-virus software, security and privacy of information are the responsibility of the laptop/notebook owner.
- Misuse of the Orange City Library Wireless connection may result in the loss of access to this service. This includes using the Wireless connection in a manner that is likely to give offence to any person in the library or to interfere with any other person’s use of the library.