Megan Daley: Raising Readers
This Raising Readers session on Thursday 5 December from 5.30pm – 7pm aims to empower parents/carers and educators of babies to tweens and teens to take an active role in encouraging literacy development. It is a talk about fostering a lifelong love of reading and language and the vital role of the parent/carer and educators in this.
Award winning teacher-librarian, author and blogger Megan Daley will help you discover:
- how to raise a reader
- the importance of reading aloud
- how to build reading habits into your life
- best books for various age groups
- how to find a book to inspire a reluctant reader
- how to keep a tween reading into adolescent years
- how to tell if a book is age appropriate
Book your place via eventbrite or call 6393 8132.