When will you open?
The current Stay-at-Home NSW Public Health Orders apply. Cowra Library opens from Saturday 11 September 9.30am – 12noon, Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5pm. Please note mask wearing, physical distancing and hygiene rules apply.
All other libraries – Blayney, Cabonne – Canowindra, Manildra, Molong; Forbes and Orange are closed. Libraries will reopen when the NSW Public Health Orders allow.
Changed Library Hours for when we reopen:
- Cowra – Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5pm, Saturday 9.30am – 12noon Please note changed times
- Forbes – Monday – Thursday 10am – 12noon, 1pm – 5.30pm, Friday 10am – 12 noon, 1pm – 5pm and Saturday 10am – 12noon Please note changed times
What services will be available?
- Individuals and families will be able to return their library materials and borrow using the self-check machine. Please remember to bring your library card as you will need this to use the self-check machine.
- Public Computers will be available and WiFi can be used in the Library
- Photocopiers and printers
- Study, research and reading spaces
Will there be restrictions on numbers in the library?
Yes, a reduced number of people (including staff) will be allowed in the library at any one time to maintain safe physical distancing. Some branches may limit the amount of time you can stay
- Orange City Library = 100 persons
- Cowra and Forbes Libraries = 20 persons
- Blayney, Canowindra and Molong Libraries = 8 persons
- Manildra Library = 3 people
This number will increase as we progressively expand our services, in line with the easing of restrictions in NSW Public Health Orders.
COVID Safe Check-in: As required by the NSW Public Health Orders please check-in to our libraries using the ipad at the entrance door (entering your first name, last name and contact phone number. Please add 02 in front for landline numbers) or the Service NSW App and scan in the Library QR Code. If technology fails, you can sign in manually.
Please wear a mask: When you are in the library, please abide by NSW Public Health Orders and wear a mask covering your nose and mouth, unless you are exempt or are under 12 year of age.
Safe physical distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained at all times, even if arriving at the Library with family or friends.
What safety and hygiene measures are in place?
The health and safety of our staff, members and visitors is always our top priority and we will be fully complying with NSW Public Health Orders to protect everyone who comes through our doors.
- Hand hygiene facilities will be available at each entrance to the Library and in key locations.
- Staff and library members will be wearing masks.
- All hard surfaces in the reading rooms will be thoroughly cleaned during the day.
- Physical distancing measures will be implemented, with queuing systems in place and signage clearly displayed.
Thank you for your understanding and support.