When will you open?
All branches of Central West Libraries will re-open progressively from 10 am on Monday 1 June 2020. Initially some of our branches will have restricted hours for the first phase of our re –opening to allow us to clean the library and work with our quarantined collections.
- Blayney – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11am – 1pm & 2pm – 5 pm. Saturday 10am – 12noon
- Canowindra – Tuesday 2pm – 5pm, Thursday 11am – 1pm & 2pm – 5pm, Friday 10am – 1pm & 2pm – 5pm, Saturday 10am – 12 noon
- Cowra – Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm, Saturday 10am – 12.30pm Note changed times
- Forbes – Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm, Saturday 10am – 12noon Note changed times
- Manildra -Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10am – 2pm
- Molong – Monday, Wednesday, Friday 11am – 1pm & 2pm – 5pm
- Orange – Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm, Saturday 9.30am – 4pm, Sunday 1pm – 5pm Note changed times
What services will be available?
- Individuals and families will be able to return their library materials and borrow using the self check machine. Please remember to bring your library card as you will need this to use the self check machine.
- Public Computers will be available (30 minute limit) and WiFi can be used in the Library
- Photocopiers and printers
- Study, research and reading spaces
What won’t be available?
These services are still not be available:
- Newspaper reading
- Local Studies Room (Orange)
- Programs such as storytime/reading groups and spaces for groups that meet in the library
We will progressively increase reading room services and opening hours when we are confident it is safe to do so.
Will there be restrictions on numbers in the library?
Yes, a reduced number of people (including staff) will be allowed in the library at any one time to maintain safe physical distancing. Some branches may limit the amount of time you can stay
- Orange City Library = 100 persons
- Cowra and Forbes Libraries = 20 persons
- Blayney, Canowindra and Molong Libraries = 8 persons
- Manildra Library = 3 people
This number will increase as we progressively expand our services, in line with the easing of restrictions in NSW Public Health Orders.
Safe physical distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained at all times, even if arriving at the Library with family or friends.
What safety and hygiene measures are in place?
The health and safety of our staff, members and visitors is always our top priority and we will be fully complying with NSW Health guidelines to protect everyone who comes through our doors.
- Hand hygiene facilities will be available at each entrance to the Library and in key locations.
- All hard surfaces in the reading rooms will be thoroughly cleaned during the day.
- Physical distancing measures will be implemented, with queuing systems in place and signage clearly displayed.
Thank you for your understanding and support.