Orange City Library
147 Byng Street
ORANGE NSW 2800
(PO Box 35)
Phone: 6393 8132
email: [email protected]
- Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm
- Saturday 9.30am – 4pm
- Sunday 1pm – 5pm
Services & Facilities
Orange City Library is located adjacent to the Orange Regional Gallery in the award-winning building with the Civic precinct. It is a service of Orange City Council. Parking is off Lords Place. Entry to the library is from the southern side of the building.
The Orange City Library carries an extensive range of:
- Books for adults and children
- Audio books
- Large print materials
- Daily newspapers (local, national)
- Resources in languages other than English can be borrowed from the State Library’s Multicultural Collection on request.
- DVD collection for adults and children
- Subtitled videos: A collection of subtitled videos is available for people with hearing difficulties.
- Literacy materials, for those wishing to learn/improve English, or learn another language.
- Music CDs
- Extensive Local Studies and Family History resources
- Find Legal Answers – State Library of New South Wales
- drug information @ your library
Library staff can also source information not available through the library’s general collections and arrange for the loan (see FAQ) of specific books or articles available at other libraries.
Orange City Library is also home to the Mary Elizabeth Byrnes Memorial Library, a specialist collection of Australian Literature.
Computers, scanning, printing and email available. Costs apply for printing and scanning. Free Internet access and wifi is available. Conditions apply.
Orange Library runs many activities and events for children and their carers. Ten Minutes a Day, 1,2 Books, Music for Little Ears and Storytime form the regular base of activities supplemented by school holiday events.
Book these activities online or call 6393 8132.
Get help with your phone, tablet or device. Phone 6393 8132 to book a free session.
The Home Library Service is designed for those residents unable to visit the Library in person. Library staff select books and other items on behalf of the client and these are then delivered to the client’s home by a volunteer. Conditions apply for registration with the Home Library Service. Call us on 6393 8132 for more details.