Library Lovers Quiz Answers & Winners
Thank you to all who entered our Library Lovers Quiz. The winners with the correct answers are: Narelle McLennan, Hannah McLennan and Collette Birchall. And the answers to our Library Lovers Quiz – with the reason why they were selected – are:
1.Michael Caine – British actor and author who has a fabulous home library featured House and Garden celebrity photos by Judy Berman recently.
“Books were my window on the world. Growing up at the Elephant and Castle, which was very rough, my paradise was the library.”
2. Oprah Winfrey American television personality and book club host.
“Getting my library card was like citizenship; it was like American citizenship.”
3. Andy Griffiths popular Australian children's author.
Andy is passionate about inspiring a love of books and reading in his young readers, and this passion drives his work as an ambassador with The Indigenous Literacy Project.
4. Maggie Beer Australian cook and author who has featured on the television show Who Do You Think You Are? with Paul Brunton from the State Library of NSW.
5. Stephen Fry British actor and author
“What's great about them is that anybody can go into them and find a book and borrow it free of charge and read it. They don't have to steal it from a bookshop… You know when you're young, you're growing up, they're almost sexually exciting places because books are powerhouses of knowledge, and therefore they're kind of slightly dark and dangerous. You see books that kind of make you go 'Oh!'”
6. Pope XVI loves writing, books and the Vatican Library.
7. Keith Richards – Guitarist for The Rolling Stones
“When you are growing up there are two institutional places that affect you most powerfully: the church, which belongs to God, and the public library, which belongs to you. The public library is a great equaliser.”
8. Andrew Daddo Australian children's author and television presenter and his book Goodnight, Me was chosen for Simultaneous Storytime.
9. Melinda and Bill Gates through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation they support efforts to supply and maintain free public access to computers and the internet in libraries around the world..
10. CWL member who filled in the entry form that's you!