147 Byng Street
ORANGE NSW 2800
(PO Box 35)
Phone: 6393 8132
Fax: 6393 8100
Orange City Library will re-open with restricted hours 1 June 2020
- Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
- Saturday 9.30am – 4pm
- Sunday 1pm – 5pm
Services & Facilities:
Orange City Library is located adjacent to the Orange Regional Gallery in the award-winning ORLAG building on Civic Square. It is a service of Orange City Council.
The Orange City Library carries an extensive range of:
- Books for adults and children
- Audio books
- Large print materials
- Daily newspapers (local, national)
- Resources in languages other than English can be borrowed from the State Library’s Multicultural Collection on request.
- DVD collection for adults and children
- Subtitled videos: A collection of subtitled videos is available for people with hearing difficulties.
- Literacy materials, for those wishing to learn/improve English , or learn another language.
- Music CDs
- Computer Games
- Extensive Local Studies and Family History resources
- A large reference [not for loan] collection including:
- A wide range of encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, year books, annual reports, government publications, magazines and other general information
- Access to the library’s extensive CD-ROM network, electronic databases and the Internet
- Australian Bureau of Statistics publications ABS Statistics
- Legal Information LIAC
- drug information @ your library
- Files on hard to find topics
- Australia wide telephone directories
Library staff can also undertake research for information not available through the library’s general collections and arrange for the loan (see FAQ) of specific books or articles available at other libraries.
Orange City Library is also home to the Mary Elizabeth Byrnes Memorial Library, a specialist collection of Australian Literature.
Free Internet access is available to the community. Conditions apply.
To book, phone 6393 8132.
Orange Library runs many activities and events for children and their carers. 10 Minutes a Day, Music for Little Ears and Storytime form the regular base of activities supplemented by rich school holiday events. Our Brochure provides additional details
Book these activities online or call 6393 8132.
Technology sessions for seniors
The Home Library Service is designed for those residents unable to visit the Library in person. Library staff select books and other items on behalf of the client and these are then delivered to the client’s home by a volunteer courier. Conditions apply for registration with the Home Library Service.