Evidence shows that reading regularly to a child from birth gives them a head start once they start school. That’s why we’re passionate about our early childhood reading programs.
Storytime at the Library is lots of fun. We read and tell stories, sing songs, play games and do craft. They are held during the school term and cater for preschool children and their carers. Storytime is free and each session lasts approximately one hour. For further information contact your local library.
Cowra Storytime – every Thursday during the school term
Thursday 10:30am – 11.30am
Bookings are essential – eventbrite.com.au or telephone 6340 2180
Held each Friday at Forbes Library during the school term
Storytime and Birth to Kinder Rhyme Time held on alternate Fridays
(see our flyers for dates)
Bookings are essential – eventbrite.com.au or telephone 6852 1463
Storytime returns to Molong Library – each Friday during the school term.
Join us for songs, stories and craft
11.15am to 12.15pm
Bookings are essential – eventbrite.com.au or telephone 63 668 404
Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 11am during school term.
At Orange City Library bookings are essential. Library staff can assist if necessary.
Bookings are essential – eventbrite.com.au or telephone 6393 8132
For further details contact us by email on email@example.com or phone on 6393 8132
Download our Brochure for further information.
Orange City Library also offers a number of other family literacy programs for young children, including Ten Minutes a Day, 1, 2, Books and Music for Little Ears.
** COVID-19 GUIDELINES **
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions Storytime sessions are strictly limited. Where bookings are required, You will need to book a place for each member of your party.
- If you or your child are sick, you must not attend, as you could endanger all Library visitors.
- If you cannot attend please cancel, so that your spot can be offered to those on the waitlist.
- Hand sanitisers must be used upon entry.
- Books/instruments/pencils/glue/scissors are not to be shared and will be collected and sanitised by staff after each session.
- Social distancing guidelines of 1.5m must be respected. Parents/carers are responsible for preventing the children in their care from breaching these guidelines.
- Participants who do not follow these guidelines will be asked to leave the session by Library Staff.
You can also check out the many videos at StoryBox Library