- Borrowing / Loans
- Interlibrary Loans
- Suggest a Purchase
Membership of the library service is free to all residents of Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes and Orange local government areas. You may join at any branch of the library by presenting proof of your name and current address. There is no minimum age for joining, but those under the age of 18 years require a signature from their parent or guardian. Residents from elswhere may become reciprocal members if they also have a current card from their local library. Temporary residents and visitors are eligible for a modified range of CWL services.
Borrowing / Loans
- The loan period and the maximum number of items per borrower at a time varies with the collection.
- Books : 28 day loan period; up to 15 books
- Quick Picks : 14 day loan period; up to 15 books
- Audiobooks : 28 day loan period; up to 4 talking books
- Music CDs : 28 day loan period; up to 4 CDs
- Magazines : 14 day loan period
- eMagazines : as set by the supplier
- eAudiobook Digital Downloads : 14 day loan period; up to 4 eAudiobooks
- eBook Digital Downloads : 14 day loan period; up to 4 eBooks
- DVDs : 14 day loan period; up to 6 DVDs
- Equipment : 7 day loan period; 1 item
Other Loan Categories
- High demand and heavily reserved items will have a reduced loan period.
- For details of the loan policies that apply to visitors, temporary and Home Library members, please contact your local CWL branch.
Please return items no later than the due date. Please use the after hours chute, available at Blayney, Canowindra, Cowra, Forbes, Molong and Orange, when the library is closed. An after hours returns box is also located in the Craft Cottage next door to Manildra Library. If you are unable to return items by the due date, please contact the library.
Items may be renewed once for the same period as the initial loan. Very overdue or reserved materials cannot be renewed. Renewals may be made in person, by phone, email or online; or contact us if you would like a staff member to renew your loans.
Reminder notices are sent if an item is overdue. On request, library staff can arrange for a loan reminder email to be automatically sent just before items are due. Charges apply for items that are late, lost or damaged while in your care.
Reservations may be placed on items that are on loan and you will be notified when the item is ready for collection. Charges do not apply for reservations nor if the item is not collected or is cancelled after notification has been sent.
Ask at the desk or contact us by phone if you would like a staff member to place a reservation on an item or cancel an existing reservation for you. You can also place reservations electronically using the Library Catalogue.
If you have an item which is very overdue or incurred substantial fines and charges, you will be automatically debarred from borrowing items or using library services until the overdue item is returned.
Please contact library staff if you have difficulty with returning items or paying fines and charges.
Items not held by the CWL may be requested from a range of other public and academic libraries. Charges apply for Inter-Library Loan requests. Please use the online request form to place an interlibrary loan request. You will need to enter your borrower ID and PIN to use this service.
Suggest a Purchase
Items not held by the CWL may be suggested for purchase. Suggested titlesd that are purchased are reserved for you and incur the standard reservation charge. Please use the online request form to suggest an item for purchase. You will need to enter your borrower ID and PIN to use this service.