Table Number One proved they had the right stuff when they took out the Trivia Champions Prize at our North Rotary Seniors Trivia event on Friday afternoon. Another table was consistent in their results collecting boxes of tissues at the end of each round but excelled with their enthusiasm! Quizmaster Chris did a superb job with 5 rounds of questions ranging from local studies to world events and adjudicators Madonna, Kathy and Peter were immune to (most)requests for clues.
Test your knowledge with these questions from the day. The answers will be published tomorrow:
1. Name the bestselling author of Nineteen Minutes, The Pact and Change of Heart.
2. Who wrote One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest?
3. From which Shakespearean play is the line “to be, or not to be, that is the question”?
4. In which sport do competitors use leather gloves, bells and hoods?
5. What was the Test batting average of Australia's greatest batsman, Don Bradman?
6. Which rust-resistant wheat strain commemorated Australia becoming a nation?
7. Which breed of sheep has a swampy place in its name?
8. What peace treaty was signed on June 28, 1919, between Germany and the Allied Powers?
9. From which Kenyan village do Barack Obama's ancestors hail?
10. The historic home of Campdale is better known as? Good Luck!